Spend 2 days with local Traditional Healer Gary Kuhlekonke Ndlovu.
Presented by Zululand Eco-Adventures of Eshowe, Zululand.
Two full days including a nights accommodation at Sugar Hill Manor Guesthouse, all meals from 10 am the first day (Preferably Saturday) ending on Sunday afternoon at 2 pm. Cost per person R2500 pp.
Gary Ndlovu (left), known as “Makhosi” amongst the AmaZulu and lives in Eshowe village.
Makhosi has a Masters degree in Human Resources and had a very strong calling to become a Sangoma/ Traditional healer. He is now doing this full time.
Sangomas heal sickness in the body (Traditional rehabilitation) and work with nature as we are nature. Practical theory of nature and connect to nature and to the universe. All this is done through the ancestors.
Ancestry calling is a gift and one cannot want to do this …you are called and it is in your interest to follow this calling. You cannot refuse this as you are chosen.
“Let food be your medicine and medicine your food”
~ Hippocrates ~
Herbs are used in all aspects of life; cosmetic, nutritional, health, etc; and restore our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual balance.
Herbalism acknowledges that “all healing comes from within and the body heals itself”.
For this true healing to occur we need to:
- Understand the cause of our illness on all levels
- Surrender to our deepest wisdom and follow its path to the cu
Amongst the AmaZulu people, the traditional healer still plays a vital role in all aspects of life. They believe that our ancestors look out for us and teach us. The ancestors are the go-between of people and their creator and the Sangoma the go-between of people and ancestors.
Our Sangoma understands and acknowledges the European and African traditions of healing and health.
“Our ancestors have more in common than you will ever know”
Come and spend two days learning about yourself, herbs and healing at the Zululand village of Eshowe with Makhosi Ndlovu.
You will have the status of a twasa (Sangoma in training) while you are in the village.
You will learn a basic knowledge of herbs and their uses and how to grow them and lots of other useful things that will help to sustain you and life in general.
You will learn about the ancestors and their roll in Zulu life and its traditions. You will learn how to make contact with them to lead a full life with all its blessings.
“Bridging the divide”
You will be shown how the amaZulu have done and still “do things” and how colonists have influenced how things are more often done.
Come and show us how to do things cleverly.
Come and experience how we have done and do things traditionally.
Come and remember!
You may become involved with the design, preparation and implementation of an ecologically sound healing centre.
- Visit traditional healers and Muti (medicine) traders in town
- Welcome and introduction to the Sangoma’s home.
- How to connect with the Ancestors and what they do and how they can help your life.
- They tell you your problems when you consult. then give you a solution.
- The power of water in connecting with ancestors.
- The benefits of fasting to everything we do.
- Discussion: healing methodolgy and adaption of programme to suite your needs
- Breathing exercises and have the bones thrown for you
- Meet at Sangoma’s home
- Field trip with identification and harvesting of medicinal plants. (Over 200 plants)
- Spend time in food and medicine garden.
- Make herbal preparation
- Return to the Sangoma’s home
- Drying, and storing of herbs
- Introduction to medicinal herbs in the kitchen
- Colourful high vibration Sangoma Dance to show gratitude to Ancestors.